Sunday, July 1, 2012

Home Sweet Home Sick

To anyone who knows me it probably isn't any big surprise that I have been homesick lately. 
It has nothing to do with not liking Louisville or not loving that I get to see Brian all the time. 
It just isn't Cincinnati, and the adjustment isn't as easy as I thought.

On Friday I decided to bring some of Cincinnati home to me:

 I was glad to have a GNO in Louisville with Hannah and Erin enjoying sushi, drinks and dancing. 
It was fun to do something that I would do in Cincinnati with some great new friends.



 

On Saturday, a little bit of Cincinnati came to me.
We opened up Hotel Prentsch for my parents and Lindsey, with an appearance from Jill and Brian! 
Even though it was 100 and some odd degrees out, we ventured to Downs After Dark for some horse racing under the lights!
I was sad to see them go this morning, but am excited to be in Cincy this coming weekend to see them and some of my other friends and family again.







All in all it was a great weekend.
I was reminded how great my new friends are here in Louisville, while having the ever constant reminder that there's no place like home.



1 comment: